- Let us know if you re-posted our Give More Than a Gift meme. How did people respond?
- SHOP the vendors on our list and post your favorite items on our Facebook page.
- Challenge your friends on Facebook to buy ethical and Fair Trade holiday gifts.
- Share links you encounter that can help keep us all informed.
- Let us know if you make demands by writing to a company or government official
- Let us know if you want to start an email campaign to make changes
- Please post or write if you decide to donate or volunteer by creating a fundraising campaign. Community support is essential and building community is the fun part of a volunteer effort.
In the course of my journey towards ethical consumerism, I have come across some great blogs. These online journals published by our fellow conscious consumers and activists provide a wealth of information and inspiration about the ethical lifestyle. Topics range from fashion to shopping and activism to product reviews, all explored from each author’s unique perspective. Below, we share some of our favorite blogs that celebrate sustainable living and ethical fashion. These blogs are filled with up-to-date information to help you look great,...read more
It can be overwhelming when we first become aware of the social and environmental costs of so many of the products that we buy. In Whole Foods recently, I picked up box after box in the tea section hunting for Fair Trade labels, and was disappointed at how few I found. I used to think that buying Fair Trade was simply a nice thing to do to help farmers, but now I know that brands without the Fair Trade label may have cruelty embedded in their supply chain. Not only does buying Fair Trade help those who produce the goods we consume, it also...read more